Thank you for choosing Canoe the Murray!
The Murray River is a dangerous river with a strong current. Your actions on the river are your own responsibility, not only for your safety but for the safety of others around you.
- Once you leave the waters edge you are responsible for your own actions on the river and the owner and staff of Canoe the Murray are not responsible for any misconduct or mishaps that may occur.
- You are entering this activity at your own risk.
- You are required to wear your life jackets at all times during the whole duration of your trip.
- You must be able to swim 50 meters or more.
- You will be required to stay in the middle of the river and away from all trees at all times.
- You need to be aware that there are logs and snags below the service of the water. And to keep a clear vision of 50 meters in front of you at all times.
- You will be responsible for all your own items that you take with you on this trip. Canoe the Murray and its staff will not be responsible for any items or valuables that are lost on your trip.
- You will be responsible for the safety of minors in your care and other members in your group whilst floating down the river.
- If you fall out, don’t panic. Your life jacket will keep you afloat. Then you must swim to the closest access point.
- When floating down the river, you must maintain right at all times.
- When approaching the first set of bridges you are 20 minutes from the end of your trip.
- In the case of a mishap, and you need help, seek assistance from others around you and/or call the phone number on the back of the life jackets for assistance.
- In case of an accident call 000
For those amongst you who have never paddled before please refer to the demonstration and seek assistance from the operator if you have any questions about the briefing or any other concerns. We hope you enjoy your canoeing experience on the Murray River and look forward to seeing your smiling faces later today!
PS – A quick visit to the toilets is a must before you leave!
Thanks for joining us today.